- Your privacy is important to us.
- Who we are ...
- TradingCharts.com, Inc. is the operator of two online information services. One service is devoted to providing charts and quote data related to the stock market, and can be accessed at http://tradingcharts.com/ We operate a similar service providing information related to the commodities market. That site is located at http://futures.tradingcharts.com/ and can also be accessed at the address http://tfc-charts.w2d.com/ We are often referred to by our "trading-as" name of TFC Commodity Charts. The principals of the company, Bob Nunweiler and Mike Ritchie can be reached by email at email@example.com or by telephone to 306-831-8629.
- The information we collect ...
- Our software automatically collects limited information about each visit to our web sites. This information is limited to the time and date, the IP address, the type of web browser software used, the address of the web page visited on our site, and the address of the web page from which provided the link to our site. In addition, our software automatically records the "alias" you used if you log on to our chat room. We do not record any other personal information provided through our web site in any way.
- Why we do it ...
- The information collected is used for the improvement of our services only. The information is saved in "raw" form for a period of approximately thirty days, in the form of "log files. These files might occasionally be examined to diagnose problems with our server, or to provide an IP address used to access our site in the case of abuse or "hacking". In no case is log file information made available to outside agencies, except in a limited matter only if required by law enforcement agencies or others involved in solving crime or online abuse. After approximately 30 days, the information is compiled into aggregate form. The original log files are then discarded; information regarding specific visits is permanently erased. The aggregate statistics are used for the purpose of providing long-term general usage statistics. Occasionally, these aggregate statistics are made available to potential advertisers so that they can evaluate the usefulness of supporting our sites.
- About e-mail addresses ...
- When you e-mail us, or use our "Suggestion Box" pages to contact us, your message and email address might be saved on our office computers, but only for the purpose of ongoing correspondence. The email addresses you provide to us in any manner are never compiled into a mailing list, nor provided to third parties. Be aware though, that if you post messages to our online discussion forums and provide your email address in the messages, that information is visible to other visitors, and could be abused by unscrupulous visitors and corporations.
- About our online survey
- Our online survey asks visitors for demographic information (like their occupation, age, or income level). This information is collected in aggregate statistics only. Our software has no provision to discover the identity of anyone completing the survey. The aggregate statistics provide us with feedback which helps to guide the development of our services, and measure the results of development. In addition, the aggregate statistics may occasionally be shared with our advertisers to help them appraise the usefulness of advertising on our sites.
- About our suggestion box
- ...The online "suggestion box" is widely used as a means to contact us, most often for the purpose of suggesting improvements to our site. In addition it is frequently used as a means to ask questions about the use of our site or request help with problems. When the suggestion box is used, in addition to the message you provide the type of web browser and operating system that you are using, and the content of your site "cookies" is also recorded (more on cookies below). The additional information is used solely to aid in diagnosing problems and providing assistance. The message and information is then automatically e-mailed to our offices.
- Why and how we use "cookies" ...
- Third Party Cookies
- In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser.
- Third party links and fill-in forms
We deliver the services of a number of independent service providers, with whom we have no further association. These services can be found in our "premium services" areas and in our online book store. Each of these services use online order forms in the course of doing business. Although we encourage these service providers to assure the privacy of your information, we do not directly control the manner in which this information is used.
- Note ...